* ocamlbuild: using *.itarget with flags
@ 2007-11-21 11:30 Hugo Ferreira
From: Hugo Ferreira @ 2007-11-21 11:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

I was attempting to use the *.itarget file
in order to build several modules. I have for
example:

all.itarget:
src/comb/tests_comb.d.byte
src/uf/bench.d.byte

Unfortunately the last target requires
that I use the Unix module (-lib unix).

My question is:

1. Does this type of grouped target
support the addition of flags?

A further notice:

The manual states that in the *.itarget
files a comment is either a blank or dash.
Does this mean:

- comment here

is a comment? If so, it does not seem
to work.

TIA,
Hugo F.

* Re: [Caml-list] ocamlbuild: using *.itarget with flags
@ 2007-11-21 12:40 ` Nicolas Pouillard
From: Nicolas Pouillard @ 2007-11-21 12:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: hmf; +Cc: caml-list

Excerpts from hmf's message of Wed Nov 21 12:30:28 +0100 2007:
> Hello,
Hello,

> I was attempting to use the *.itarget file
> in order to build several modules. I have for
> example:
>
> all.itarget:
> src/comb/tests_comb.d.byte
> src/uf/bench.d.byte
>
> Unfortunately the last target requires
> that I use the Unix module (-lib unix).
>
> My question is:
>
> 1. Does this type of grouped target
> support the addition of flags?

Flags to the ocamlbuild binary are just here to quickly give global options.
However this method doesn't scale at all. For this purpose we have tags.

Basically you just have to tag your binary that it uses the unix library.

$ cat _tags
"src/uf/bench.d.byte": use_unix

> A further notice:
>
> The manual states that in the *.itarget
> files a comment is either a blank or dash.
> Does this mean:
>
> - comment here
>
> is a comment? If so, it does not seem
> to work.

The manual is wrong on that point, it's a sharp (#) not a dash (-).

# comment here
--
Nicolas Pouillard aka Ertai

* Re: [Caml-list] ocamlbuild: using *.itarget with flags
@ 2007-11-21 13:01   ` Hugo Ferreira
From: Hugo Ferreira @ 2007-11-21 13:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Pouillard; +Cc: caml-list

I will use the _tag file then.