* possible bug in serialization of double in intern.c/extern.c
@ 2008-01-21 16:34 Mathias Kende
From: Mathias Kende @ 2008-01-21 16:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: OCaml List

Hello,

I found something that I believe to be a bug in the serialization of
double: in byterun/extern.c the "caml_serialize_float_8" function just
calls the "caml_serialize_block_8" function to serialize its float while
in intern.c the "caml_deserialize_float_8" function calls the
"caml_deserialize_block_float_8" function which performs more work than
the "caml_deserialize_block_8" function.

And indeed, I had trouble serializing custom values with
*serialize_float_8 functions, until I replace these calls either by
their *_block_8 or the *_block_float_8 equivalents (I suppose that the
later is better).

Should I fill a bug report for this? or is there something I do not know
about the use of these functions?

Thanks.
Mathias

only message in thread, other threads:[~2008-01-21 16:35 UTC | newest]