* [OSR] What do you like or dislike in Cabal?
@ 2008-01-30 12:00 Gabriel Kerneis
From: Gabriel Kerneis @ 2008-01-30 12:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list List

Hello everybody,

to clear things up a bit, could you please tell what you like and
dislike in the Cabal system?

http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/Cabal
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Haskell/Packaging <= this one is
particularly interesting, I think.

Please, assume that any tool described in these pages is plain Ocaml
instead of Haskell, just to avoid useless flamewars.

To my mind, the main weakness is that it doesn't provide (yet) a simple
way to install Cabal packages. This is the target of cabal-install.

Would you like such a system for Ocaml? If yes, I think we can manage to
make it suit our needs. If no, what would you change?

Regards,
--
Gabriel Kerneis

* Re: [Caml-list] [OSR] What do you like or dislike in Cabal?
@ 2008-01-30 12:06 ` Nicolas Pouillard
From: Nicolas Pouillard @ 2008-01-30 12:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gabriel Kerneis; +Cc: caml-list