* Deriving + type-conv + OCaml-Templates + camlp4* = ?
@ 2008-02-26 20:27 David Teller
From: David Teller @ 2008-02-26 20:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: OCaml

    Dear list,

 Browsing around the net, I've found three
"scrap-your-boilerplate"-style projects for OCaml: the simple Type-conv,
the ambitious Deriving and the unmaintained OCaml-Templates, and of
course the ability to use camlp4/camlp5 for the same purpose. I imagine
that there are a number of nice boilerplate-based modules just waiting
to be implemented or adopted.

 As far as I understand, there's no interaction between the project
authors, which is a shame. So this is an open call to whoever is in
charge of each work: do you think it would be possible for you all to
join forces and produce something robust, simple and possible to adopt
as a standard ?

Cheers,
 David

--