From: "Nicolas Pouillard" <nicolas.pouillard@gmail.com>
Subject: RE: [Caml-list] what's in the future for ocamlbuild?
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 16:08:47 +0100	[thread overview]

Excerpts from David Allsopp's message of Wed Mar 12 09:14:47 UTC 2008:

[...]

> AFAIK ocamlbuild uses the new camlp4 so, while not impossible, back-porting
> it to work with <= 3.09 is at best non-trivial?

No  ocamlbuild don't use camlp4. However camlp4 use ocamlbuild. And ocamlbuild
functions like Unix.isatty and Sys.is_directory. That appears in 3.10.

Moreover I don't have enough time to release/package ocamlbuild more often.

Hopefully  ocamlbuild plugins are a way to extend it and try new ideas without
waiting for a release.

Nicolas Pouillard aka Ertai