* ocamlnet -without-core
@ 2008-04-21  0:17 Matt Gushee
From: Matt Gushee @ 2008-04-21  0:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hi, all--

I am attempting to package Ocamlnet for Arch Linux; in the README, Gerd
suggests splitting the package into several parts--core and various
add-ons--to keep dependencies sane. Sounds good to me, and I'm trying to
do it that way. So I have built and installed the core, and am now
working on the SSL component. However, even though I use the
-without-core option as recommended, the entire core still seems to get
built (and installed). The following is my build function. Arch is a
rather minimalist distribution so, although the package builder does a
few things before and after the build, I'm pretty sure it doesn't
intervene in the build process itself--so my script should be doing
exactly the same as if I executed the commands manually. The patch is
just a very simple tweak to add a $(OCAMLFIND_INSTFLAGS) argument to the
'ocamlfind install' command in Makefile.rules.

build() {
   cd "$srcdir/ocamlnet-$pkgver"

   patch -p1 <../ocamlnet-install.patch

   ./configure -without-core -enable-ssl -bindir /usr/bin -datadir
/usr/share/ocamlnet

   make all
     INC_NETSYS="-package netsys" \
     INC_NETSTRING="-package netstring" \
     INC_EQUEUE="-package equeue" \
     INC_NETCGI1="-package netcgi1" \
     INC_NETCGI2="-package netcgi2" \
     INC_NETPLEX="-package netplex" \
     INC_RPC="-package rpc" \
     INC_SHELL="-package shell" \
     || return 1
   make opt
     INC_NETSYS="-package netsys" \
     INC_NETSTRING="-package netstring" \
     INC_EQUEUE="-package equeue" \
     INC_NETCGI1="-package netcgi1" \
     INC_NETCGI2="-package netcgi2" \
     INC_NETPLEX="-package netplex" \
     INC_RPC="-package rpc" \
     INC_SHELL="-package shell" \
     || return 1

   mkdir -p $pkgdir/usr/lib/ocaml/site-lib/stublibs
   make DESTDIR=$pkgdir \
     OCAMLFIND_INSTFLAGS="-destdir $pkgdir/usr/lib/ocaml/site-lib
-ldconf ignore" \
     install
}

So, am I doing something wrong?

--
Matt Gushee
: Bantam - lightweight file manager : matt.gushee.net/software/bantam/ :

* Re: [Caml-list] ocamlnet -without-core
@ 2008-04-21 10:21 ` Gerd Stolpmann
From: Gerd Stolpmann @ 2008-04-21 10:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matt Gushee; +Cc: caml-list

Matt,

sorry for that, but it is -disable-core, not -without-core. It is wrong
in the README.

Gerd

Am Sonntag, den 20.04.2008, 18:17 -0600 schrieb Matt Gushee:
> Hi, all--
>
> I am attempting to package Ocamlnet for Arch Linux; in the README, Gerd
> suggests splitting the package into several parts--core and various
> add-ons--to keep dependencies sane. Sounds good to me, and I'm trying to
> do it that way. So I have built and installed the core, and am now
> working on the SSL component. However, even though I use the
> -without-core option as recommended, the entire core still seems to get
> built (and installed). The following is my build function. Arch is a
> rather minimalist distribution so, although the package builder does a
> few things before and after the build, I'm pretty sure it doesn't
> intervene in the build process itself--so my script should be doing
> exactly the same as if I executed the commands manually. The patch is
> just a very simple tweak to add a $(OCAMLFIND_INSTFLAGS) argument to the
> 'ocamlfind install' command in Makefile.rules.
>

> build() {
>    cd "$srcdir/ocamlnet-$pkgver"
>
>    patch -p1 <../ocamlnet-install.patch
>
>    ./configure -without-core -enable-ssl -bindir /usr/bin -datadir
> /usr/share/ocamlnet
>
>    make all
>      INC_NETSYS="-package netsys" \
>      INC_NETSTRING="-package netstring" \
>      INC_EQUEUE="-package equeue" \
>      INC_NETCGI1="-package netcgi1" \
>      INC_NETCGI2="-package netcgi2" \
>      INC_NETPLEX="-package netplex" \
>      INC_RPC="-package rpc" \
>      INC_SHELL="-package shell" \
>      || return 1
>    make opt
>      INC_NETSYS="-package netsys" \
>      INC_NETSTRING="-package netstring" \
>      INC_EQUEUE="-package equeue" \
>      INC_NETCGI1="-package netcgi1" \
>      INC_NETCGI2="-package netcgi2" \
>      INC_NETPLEX="-package netplex" \
>      INC_RPC="-package rpc" \
>      INC_SHELL="-package shell" \
>      || return 1
>
>    mkdir -p $pkgdir/usr/lib/ocaml/site-lib/stublibs
>    make DESTDIR=$pkgdir \
>      OCAMLFIND_INSTFLAGS="-destdir $pkgdir/usr/lib/ocaml/site-lib
> -ldconf ignore" \
>      install
> }
>

> So, am I doing something wrong?

Gerd Stolpmann * Viktoriastr. 45 * 64293 Darmstadt * Germany
gerd@gerd-stolpmann.de          http://www.gerd-stolpmann.de
Phone: +49-6151-153855                  Fax: +49-6151-997714