* Two questions on OCamlDoc
@ 2008-09-02 11:47 David Teller
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: David Teller @ 2008-09-02 11:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Caml

     Hi everyone,

 I'm currently toying with OCamlDoc, with very little success. I'm
attempting to do two things:
* getting OCamlDoc to understand that some modules (which I can modify)
contain the documentation for some other modules (which I can't) replace
some modules with others
* inlining the documentation for modules in modules which import those.

I need a little help.

Let me detail this.

*** Documentation replacement ***
My project uses modules M_lib1, M_lib2... which come from a variety of
libraries. For each of these modules, I have created  a module
M_lib1_with_doc, M_lib2_with_doc, which imports the corresponding
library module but tailors the documentation to my project. However, for
technical reasons of mechanical generation, assuming that M_lib1 refers
to M_lib2, M_lib1_with_doc still refers to M_lib2 instead of referring
to M_lib2_with_doc. Consequently, when generating the documentation of
M_lib1_with_doc, ocamldoc doesn't link the generated pages to the
documentation of M_lib2_with_doc but rather attempts to link it to
M_lib2 (and fails, as expected).

Now, I could rework the mechanical generation of my modules and in time,
I will. However, for the moment, I'm looking for a purely OCamlDoc-based
solution. I'd like to be able to ask OCamlDoc to please consider every
reference to M_lib2 as actually meaning a reference to M_lib2_with_doc.

I have tried to override method [text#html_of_Ref], without much
success. Is there a simple solution for this?

*** Inlining modules ***
I have a few modules whose sole role is to include one or two existing
modules. By default, when meeting [include], OCamlDoc, ocamldoc only
generates a link from the container module to the inlined module. In
this case, I'd rather want the whole documentation of each of these
modules to be inlined.

Is that possible?

Thanks in advance,
 David