* Auto-generate mli from ml?
@ 2008-10-06 13:36 David Teller
From: David Teller @ 2008-10-06 13:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Caml

     Dear list,

 I'm currently looking for a complete .ml -> .mli generator. That is, a
generator which would essentially perform the same job as 'ocamlc -i',
but which would keep whichever comments of the .ml remain meaningful in
the .mli (i.e. anything that ocamldoc would keep). Now, that doesn't
look like something too hard to write, with a combination of 'ocamlc -i'
and camlp4, I'm just wondering if someone has already written such a
tool.

Thanks,
 David

--
David Teller-Rajchenbach
 Security of Distributed Systems

* Re: [Caml-list] Auto-generate mli from ml?
@ 2008-10-06 14:05 ` Stefano Zacchiroli
From: Stefano Zacchiroli @ 2008-10-06 14:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

On Mon, Oct 06, 2008 at 03:36:25PM +0200, David Teller wrote:
>  I'm currently looking for a complete .ml -> .mli generator. That is, a
> generator which would essentially perform the same job as 'ocamlc -i',
> but which would keep whichever comments of the .ml remain meaningful in
> the .mli (i.e. anything that ocamldoc would keep). Now, that doesn't
> look like something too hard to write, with a combination of 'ocamlc -i'
> and camlp4, I'm just wondering if someone has already written such a
> tool.

It does not answer your question directly, but if I'm guessing
correctly that your goal is obtaining both the .mli and the ocamldoc
output, you can achieve that with legacy "ocamlc -i" and ocamldoc with
merge options on the .ml alone.

But it is likely that I'm not guessing correctly :-)

--
Stefano Zacchiroli -*- PhD in Computer Science \ PostDoc @ Univ. Paris 7
I'm still an SGML person,this newfangled /\ All one has to do is hit the

* Re: [Caml-list] Auto-generate mli from ml?
@ 2008-10-06 14:26   ` David Teller
From: David Teller @ 2008-10-06 14:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefano Zacchiroli; +Cc: caml-list

Well, actually, I'm attempting to get ocamldoc, ocamlbuild and mlpack
files to play together nicely. So unfortunately, that doesn't answer my
question.

Thanks for trying :)
 David