From: David Rajchenbach-Teller <David.Teller@ens-lyon.org>
To: Dario Teixeira <darioteixeira@yahoo.com>
Cc: caml-list@yquem.inria.fr
Subject: Re: [Caml-list] Trouble with Ocamldoc + Ocamlbuild
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 21:09:49 +0100	[thread overview]

You should take a look at Batteries' myocamlbuild.ml, we're solving this
issue and it's messy (it involves generating the .mli for each .mlpack).

Cheers,
 David

On Fri, 2009-02-27 at 11:57 -0800, Dario Teixeira wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm having some trouble getting Ocamlbuild to produce API documentation via
> Ocamldoc in a project that uses packed modules.  The project has two main
> directories, modA and modB, each contanining a couple of modules, as follows:
>
> modA
>   |- Foo
>   |- Bar
>
> modB
>   |- Glu
>   |- Bah
>

> I placed the modA.mlpack and modB.mlpack files at the top-level, listing the
> modules in the respective directories.  The main target itself is to build
> the library mylib.cma, containing the packed modules modA.cmo and modB.cmo.
> Therefore, also at the top level directory is the file mylib.mllib, whose
> contents are "modA" and "modB" in separate lines.
>
> Now, building the library with "ocamlbuild mylib.cma" works fine.  But how
> can I tell Ocamlbuild to build the API doc with Ocamldoc?  I reckon I have
> to create a mylib.odocl file at the top-level, but what should its contents
> be? I have tried "modA" and "modB", but it doesn't work.  Neither does a
> fully qualified specification, such as "modA.Foo", etc.  Any thoughts?
>
> Thanks in advance!
> Best regards,
> Dario Teixeira
>
> P.S. The caml-list seems to be cloning posts today.  Sorry if you get this
>      message multiple times.

David Teller-Rajchenbach
 Security of Distributed Systems
  http://www.univ-orleans.fr/lifo/Members/David.Teller
   « Ce matin Un crétin A tué un chercheur. » (air connu)
   Latest News of French Research: System being liquidated. Researchers angry.