* Re: Re: automake and ocaml
@ 2009-09-22 15:45 Daniel Molina
From: Daniel Molina @ 2009-09-22 15:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

>Also OCaml 3.10.0 is a quite old version that is maybe still containing
>some bugs with ocamlbuild (it was the first version of ocamlbuild). Can
>you try with a more recent version (3.10.2 or 3.11.1).

Ok, I have installed the 3.11.1

>You can get the tree with
>darcs get http://darcs.ocamlcore.org/repos/ocamlify
>darcs get http://darcs.ocamlcore.org/repos/ocaml-autobuild

Nice!

>Can you check you have build and install ocamlify
>http://darcs.ocamlcore.org/cgi-bin/darcsweb.cgi?r=ocamlify;a=summary
>(I will try to get rid of this small dependency in the final release)

I can build it

$ make
ocamlbuild -classic-display ocamlify.otarget
/usr/local/bin/ocamldep -modules src/ocamlify.ml >
src/ocamlify.ml.depends
/usr/local/bin/ocamlc -c -I src -o src/ocamlify.cmo src/ocamlify.ml
/usr/local/bin/ocamlopt -c -I src -o src/ocamlify.cmx src/ocamlify.ml
/usr/local/bin/ocamlc src/ocamlify.cmo -o src/ocamlify.byte
/usr/local/bin/ocamlc -a src/ocamlify.cmo -o src/ocamlify.cma
/usr/local/bin/ocamlopt -a src/ocamlify.cmx -o src/ocamlify.cmxa
$

but I do not know how to install it (if 'make' command has not done it
automatically). Maybe must I copy _build/ to some place? I have been
looking for documentation but I did not find it.

And I tried to build ocaml-autobuild again with ocaml-3.11.1, but I
obtain a different error:

$ make
ocamlbuild -classic-display ocaml-autobuild.otarget
/usr/local/bin/ocamlopt -I /usr/local/lib/ocaml/ocamlbuild
unix.cmxa /usr/local/lib/ocaml/ocamlbuild/ocamlbuildlib.cmxa
myocamlbuild.ml /usr/local/lib/ocaml/ocamlbuild/ocamlbuild.cmx -o
myocamlbuild
+ /usr/local/bin/ocamlopt -I /usr/local/lib/ocaml/ocamlbuild
unix.cmxa /usr/local/lib/ocaml/ocamlbuild/ocamlbuildlib.cmxa
myocamlbuild.ml /usr/local/lib/ocaml/ocamlbuild/ocamlbuild.cmx -o
myocamlbuild
File "myocamlbuild.ml", line 1, characters 0-1:
Error: Cannot find file /usr/local/lib/ocaml/ocamlbuild/ocamlbuild.cmx
Command exited with code 2.
make: *** [all] Error 10

This is the content of my /usr/local/lib/ocaml/ocamlbuild

ocamlbuild.cmo
ocamlbuild_executor.cmi
ocamlbuild_executor.cmo
ocamlbuild_executor.cmx
ocamlbuild_executor.o
ocamlbuildlib.a
ocamlbuildlib.cma
ocamlbuildlib.cmxa
ocamlbuild_pack.cmi
ocamlbuild_plugin.cmi
ocamlbuild_unix_plugin.cmi
ocamlbuild_unix_plugin.cmo
ocamlbuild_unix_plugin.cmx
ocamlbuild_unix_plugin.o

Thanks for the help.

* Re: Re: automake and ocaml
@ 2009-09-22  1:25 Daniel Molina
From: Daniel Molina @ 2009-09-22  1:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Thanks for the reply!

I have been trying to compile the ocaml-autobuild but it seem that it do
not works.

I have done make/(make test) after/before apply the patch and I obtain
the following error:

$ make test
ocamlbuild -classic-display ocaml-autobuild.otarget
/usr/bin/ocamlopt -I /usr/lib/ocaml/3.10.0/ocamlbuild
unix.cmxa /usr/lib/ocaml/3.10.0/ocamlbuild/ocamlbuildlib.cmxa
myocamlbuild.ml /usr/lib/ocaml/3.10.0/ocamlbuild/ocamlbuild.cmx -o
myocamlbuild
ocamlfind ocamldep -modules src/tools/ocamlmod.ml >
src/tools/ocamlmod.ml.depends
ocamlfind ocamlc -c -I src/tools -I src -I src/ocamlbuild -I
src/ocamlmakefile -I src/omake -I src/oasis -I src/base -o
src/tools/ocamlmod.cmo src/tools/ocamlmod.ml
ocamlfind ocamlc -linkpkg src/tools/ocamlmod.cmo -o
src/tools/ocamlmod.byte
src/tools/ocamlmod.byte src/base/BaseSys.mod
ocamlfind ocamldep -package findlib -pp '-package findlib' -modules
src/base/BaseSys.ml > src/base/BaseSys.ml.depends
+ ocamlfind ocamldep -package findlib -pp '-package findlib' -modules
src/base/BaseSys.ml > src/base/BaseSys.ml.depends
sh: Illegal option -p
Preprocessing error on file src/base/BaseSys.ml
Command exited with code 2.
make: *** [all] Error 10

Can some one help me?

I downloaded the tree with 'wget -r' which did not did this very smooth.
I have uploaded a tar version  of it (without to apply the patch).

https://doppelgaenger.ath.cx/~daniel/ocaml-autobuild.tar

(My https could worry your browser but while do not share your account
numbers with me there is no problem ;-)