From: Dario Teixeira <darioteixeira@yahoo.com>
To: Anil Madhavapeddy <anil@recoil.org>
Cc: Sylvain Le Gall <sylvain@le-gall.net>,
	"caml-list@inria.fr" <caml-list@inria.fr>
Subject: Re: [Caml-list] Re: Conditional BuildDepends in OASIS
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2012 11:08:28 -0700 (PDT)	[thread overview]

Hi,

> It's probably your _tags file that is missing a:

> <**/*.ml>: syntax_camlp4o
>
> for the syntax extension.  OASIS doesn't fully support using syntax
> extensions yet, so you need to be careful to keep the _tags file manually in
> sync.

Thanks Anil, you were spot on -- the problem was indeed in the _tags file.

Anyway, most of the process of oasifying PG'OCaml is now complete,
and I took the time also for a general cleanup of the project.  The code
can be fetched from the SVN repo:

svn export svn://scm.ocamlcore.org/svn/pgocaml/branches/oasification

As discussed previously, the project can be compiled against Batteries
and/or ExtLib.  Users should reference findlib package's pgocaml.batteries
and  pgocaml.batteries.syntax if using Batteries, for example.

It would be very helpful if PG'OCaml users and packagers were to give
me some feedback concerning the new version.  Most stuff is working,
there being only a few minor outstanding issues:

- To build the documentation, "make doc" has to be issued twice!

- The highlevel test isn't compiling.  For some reason OASIS is
  ignoring the BuildDepends directive.
- OASIS issues a warning during setup.  This seems to be a known
  bug in OASIS, however:

  https://forge.ocamlcore.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1043&group_id=54&atid=291

Best regards,
Dario Teixeira