* [Caml-list] cppo and camlp4 ? which way to go ?
@ 2013-07-10  2:03 Marc Weber
From: Marc Weber @ 2013-07-10  2:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

It looks like ocaml supports only one -pp option?
Now I want both: first cppo, then camlp4?

Which way to go?
way 1) find a way to make ocaml accept multiple -pp

way 2) KISS: -pp 'cppo | camlp4', unlikely to work, because -pp adds the
       input file as last argument?

       Well - could be using -pp 'sh -c "cppo $1 | camlp4 $1 ..." '

       that's linux, only, starting quoting hell

way 3)
  make cppo accept additional options, and make it call camlp4 and pass
  its data to it
  3.1: using a file: batteries includes with_temp_file, but would add
        new dependencies
  3.2: pipe through command, which cross platform implementation does
        exist?

way 4) rewrite my tracing code to use new -ppx (would take too long ?)

Have I missed a simple solution ?

I appologize if I've missed the obvious.

Marc Weber

* [Caml-list] Re: cppo and camlp4 ? which way to go ?
@ 2013-07-10  2:23 ` Hongbo Zhang
From: Hongbo Zhang @ 2013-07-10  2:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marc Weber, Caml List

Hi,
    I think an easy way is to write a wrapper(in python, for example) to
wrap both cppo and camlp4.
    btw, camlp4 does have optcomp which has similar functionality as cppo.