* [Caml-list] [ANN] Ocsigen Eliom 4.0
@ 2014-05-26 15:02 Vincent Balat
From: Vincent Balat @ 2014-05-26 15:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hi,

A few weeks after Js_of_ocaml 2, we are happy to announce release 4.0
of Eliom. Eliom is a framework for writing Web sites and client-server
Web applications in OCaml. It can be used to build simple Web sites as
well as complex Web applications. In the latter case, both client and
server parts are written in OCaml, as a single program, with a syntax
to distinguish both parts. Thus, communication between server and
client is very easy.

This release brings the following new features:
* Reactive DOM elements, using Daniel Bünzli's React library.
  Reactive nodes can be created either client- or server-side.
  See https://ocsigen.org/eliom/manual/clientserver-html#reactive
* PUT and DELETE services for RESTful Eliom Applications.
  See https://ocsigen.org/tuto/manual/rest
* EXPERIMENTAL: Mobile apps with Eliom. (By making it possible to
  start the application from client-side.)

A lot of efforts have been put in documentation improvements.
The full Changelog is available here:
  https://ocsigen.org/eliom/changelog

Migration from 3.0 should be very easy:
  https://ocsigen.org/eliom/Eliom40

If you want to start learning Eliom, the best starting point is the
tutorials on page
  https://ocsigen.org/tuto/manual/
even when you are an advanced OCaml programmer. Choose the tutorial
that best fits your needs.

This release is the result of a collaboration with Besport inc.
We send them our warm acknowledgements for their contributions,
especially to Hugo Heuzard.  We also thank Guillem Rieu, from
Domoco, for his contributions.

Eliom is a collaborative work by the Ocsigen team.

Vincent Balat, for the Ocsigen team

only message in thread, other threads:[~2014-05-26 15:02 UTC | newest]