From: Damien Doligez <damien.doligez@inria.fr>
To: caml-list@inria.fr
Subject: Re: [Caml-list] stream conversion
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 23:42:07 +0100	[thread overview]

On Tuesday, December 9, 2003, at 07:30 PM, Tim Freeman wrote:

> It's bug 1284 in the OCAML bug-tracking system.
[...]
> The bug database at http://caml.inria.fr/bin/caml-bugs documents that
> bug 1284 has been ignored without comment as of 9 Dec 2003.  My code
> is a clean solution to a problem that has been reported repeatedly, so
> I find that frustrating.  This looks to me like a clear signal that I
> shouldn't bother sending them any other bugfixes.

Unless the status has changed since 9 Dec, it is *not* ignored.
It's classified as a feature wish, which means that we will implement
it when we get around to it.  Please understand that work on camlp4
is going rather slowly since we lost Daniel.

We are very grateful for all bug fixes proposed by users, regardless
of whether we choose to use them or not.

-- Damien