* [Caml-list] GADTs in the manual
@ 2013-01-05 17:56 Norman Hardy
From: Norman Hardy @ 2013-01-05 17:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Caml List

Where do I report suspected errors in the manual?
I think that the first example does not comply with the extended syntax.
See
http://cap-lore.com/Languages/ocaml/bb.html
since I don't know how to reliably insert links into e-mail.

* Re: [Caml-list] GADTs in the manual
@ 2013-01-06  0:07 ` Jacques.Garrigue
From: Jacques.Garrigue @ 2013-01-06  0:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Norm Hardy, Caml List

Documentation bugs also go to the bug tracking system, in the "OCaml
documentation" category.

http://caml.inria.fr/mantis/bug_report_page.php

> It seems clear to me that the subtext “| Add : (int -> int -> int) term”
> is meant to be a constr-decl but none of the three alternative forms
> produce that. The alternative, new with GADTs, requires a ->.

Right, there is a missing production:

    constr-name : typexpr

for constructors without arguents.

> In the explanatory text there is the phrase “where type parameters are
> instantiated” which I do not understand.

This means that the type parameters may be more specific than in the generic
case.
For instance int term is more specific than 'a term.

Jacques Garrigue