* Preferred GUI Toolkit for O'Caml 3?
@ 2000-02-18 13:54 Thorsten Ohl
                   ` (4 more replies)
From: Thorsten Ohl @ 2000-02-18 13:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

I soon have to do major surgery (= an almost complete rewrite) on a
graphical user interface, currently in O'CamlTK.

Since retargeting to incompatible GUIs is such a boring job, I'd like
to hear which toolkit do you see in your tea leafs as the future
toolkit of choice?

   -  O'CamlTK   [ (-) will be superseded by LablTK (I guess)
                   (-) inconvenient (no polymorphic variants) ]

   -  LablTK     [ (+) more convenient than O'CamlTK
                   (+) part of O'Caml 2.99 ]

   -  mlgtk      [ (+) Gtk+ is nicer than Tk (and no-Tcl is nicer than Tcl)
                   (-) is it ported to everything but the kitchen sink? ]

   -  lablgtk    [ same a mlgtk, plus
                   (-) still beta
                   (+) appears(!) to have the slickest API ]

If you don't want to step on someone's toes, you can send me mail,
since I have no intention to start a flame war.

Merci,
-Thorsten
--
Thorsten Ohl, Physics Department, TU Darmstadt -- ohl@hep.tu-darmstadt.de