* R: Ocaml VM and bytecode
@ 2001-01-27 15:54 Alex Baretta
From: Alex Baretta @ 2001-01-27 15:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

-----Messaggio originale-----
Da: Fabrice Le Fessant <fabrice.le_fessant@inria.fr>
A: Alex Baretta <alex@baretta.com>
Cc: sebastien.ailleret@inria.fr <sebastien.ailleret@inria.fr>; Ocaml
Data: venerdì 26 gennaio 2001 14.16
Oggetto: Re: Ocaml VM and bytecode

>Here is a patch to lattest ocaml CVS version, allowing direct
>compilation of text bytecode instructions to .cmo files.
>
>Text bytecode instructions files should have extension .ocb
(Objective
>Caml Bytecode), and have the same format as the output from ocamlc
>with -dinstr.

I have read the ocamlc manual page, but I have not found the -dinstr
option you mention. What is it supposed to do? Is it supposed to
generate Ocaml "assembly" language? Is the "text bytecode" you mention
the "assembly language" I am asking for?

Thanks for taking interest to my request.

Alex

* R: Ocaml VM and bytecode
@ 2001-01-30 20:01 Alex Baretta
From: Alex Baretta @ 2001-01-30 20:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

As far as I can see, the options you mention are not documented in the
manual. Do you (are anybody else) know where I could find
documentation on the topic?

Alex