* Curriculum in computer science
@ 2001-02-06 15:17 Therese.Hardin
From: Therese.Hardin @ 2001-02-06 15:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

We have received the following message from Matthias. We think that it
is relevant to our community, since it concerns particularly
programming languages teaching, but in the long run, the entire
programming activity area.

All the best

Therese Hardin and Pierre Weis

Dear Colleagues

ACM's and IEEE's joint task on curriculum development has released its
"ironman draft" proposal for a new core curriculum in computer science. The
draft allocates six hours to the area of programming languages, relegating
it to third-class status. I have written a letter of protest and ask for
your support. Please visit my Web site where I have posted the letter and
where you can find some additional information on the topic:

   http://www.cs.rice.edu/~matthias/cc2001.html

Regards -- Matthias Felleisen

only message in thread, other threads:[~2001-02-06 16:51 UTC | newest]