On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 2:55 AM, Goswin von Brederlow wrote: > Why not make the context a custom block with finalizer? The finalizer > then frees the resources. If the context escapes then it remains alive > and the finalizer will not be called any time soon. Only when it is no > longer reachable. That would also allow someone to create a context and use > it for a number of operations before forgeting it. > Good point. I'll need to consider this as a possible API direction. I have many years of C/C++ programming under my belt, so I tend to want to micromanage the resources. :) -- Rich Google Reader: https://www.google.com/reader/shared/rich.neswold Jabber ID: rich@neswold.homeunix.net