* [Caml-list] How to use CDK List2 etc.
@ 2001-10-01  8:25 Rolf Wester
From: Rolf Wester @ 2001-10-01  8:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hi,

probably the answer to my question is quite trivial but I could not figure out
how to use the cdk modules in the extlib library. I couldn't find any extlib.cma
or list2.cma etc. to link with or to build a custom toplevel. And extlib doesn't
seem to be linked into ocaml already as is Pervasives. To use the other
modules like Unix2, Res, Pcre etc. is no problem. I would be very appreciative
for help.

With kind regards

Rolf Wester

* Re: [Caml-list] How to use CDK List2 etc.
@ 2001-10-03  7:43 ` Fabrice Le Fessant
From: Fabrice Le Fessant @ 2001-10-03  7:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rolf Wester; +Cc: caml-list

I don't know exactly how you installed the CDK, but in my own install,
the ocaml directory (/usr/local/lib/cdk-<version>/lib/ocaml-<version>)
contains an extlib.cma library. If you use the program cdk_config, you
can compile your programs like this:

ocamlc -o a.out `cdk_config extlib` mysources.cmo

or

ocamlopt -o a.out `cdk_config -opt extlib` mysources.cmx

If you don't have any extlib.cma (chech also with "locate extlib.cma"),
you should check if there was no error during the CDK compilation or
installation.

- Fabrice