* [Caml-list] Unix.recvfrom
@ 2002-08-13 21:51 Yurii A. Rashkovskii
From: Yurii A. Rashkovskii @ 2002-08-13 21:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hello,

Can somebody clarify why Unix.recvfrom is so strange? It works, of course,
but is not really functional, as I can understand.

val recvfrom :
  file_descr -> string -> int -> int -> msg_flag list -> int * sockaddr
(** Receive data from an unconnected socket. *)

--
Regards,
Yurii

* [Caml-list] Unix.recvfrom
@ 2002-08-14 21:46 ` M E Leypold @ labnet
From: M E Leypold @ labnet @ 2002-08-14 21:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yrashk; +Cc: caml-list

Yurii A. Rashkovskii writes:
 > Hello,
 >
 > Can somebody clarify why Unix.recvfrom is so strange? It works, of course,
 > but is not really functional, as I can understand.
 >
 > val recvfrom :
 >   file_descr -> string -> int -> int -> msg_flag list -> int * sockaddr
 > (** Receive data from an unconnected socket. *)

I'd say it's just a really shallow wrapper around the original libc
function.

Regards -- Markus

NAME
       recv, recvfrom, recvmsg - receive a message from a socket

SYNOPSIS

       int recvfrom(int s, void *buf, int len, unsigned int flags
       struct sockaddr *from, int *fromlen);