* [Caml-list] Wish: dynamic linking for Ocaml
@ 2003-01-29 19:53 Basile STARYNKEVITCH
From: Basile STARYNKEVITCH @ 2003-01-29 19:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Dear All,

I am still wishing full dynamic linking support for Ocaml (at least on
the common x86/Linux plateform, which happens to be mine).

I am delighted to read on comp.lang.ml that such a patch exist (at
least for Ocaml 3.06 on x86) on http://algol.prosalg.no/~malc/scaml/

A big thanks to Malcy for providing it. It is at least a proof of
concept that it is doable!

And a question to our great Ocaml team: do they consider adding
dynamic linking to future Ocaml? As far as I am concerned, it is ok
for me if such features are supported only on few native plateforms
(provided they are available for the bytecode engine).

Regards.

email: basile<at>starynkevitch<dot>net
alias: basile<at>tunes<dot>org

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-01-29 19:53 UTC | newest]