* (help) new kind of error <-> OcamlMPI
@ 2007-09-30  3:22 Rod
       [not found] ` <74F4D1E8-554A-4B94-B4F3-FBE9C2497311@gmail.com>
From: Rod @ 2007-09-30  3:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list, Andres Varon

Hi there!! Here we go!
Well.. I'm still having some troubles with OcamlMPI.
Mr. Andres Varon, I just tried to compile test.ml file (i.e.: regression
test), which is available on the latest release provided by Mr. Xavier
Leroy, by doing what you suggested me to do. Unfortunately, it still didn't
work. Thanks anyway, mate!

So, after some time working on that issue, I've eventually got it compiled
by doing the following:

[rodiney@homer ocamlmpi-1.01]$ ocamlc -o testmpi mpi.cma unix.cma
test.ml-ccopt -L/usr/lib/lam -ccopt -L/usr/lib/ocaml/ocamlmpi -ccopt
-llam -ccopt
-lutil

Here is the output:

[rodiney@homer ocamlmpi-1.01]$ ocamlc -o testmpi mpi.cma unix.cma
test.ml-ccopt -L/usr/lib/lam -ccopt -L/usr/lib/ocaml/ocamlmpi -ccopt
-llam -ccopt
-lutil
File "test.ml", line 144, characters 6-9:
Warning Y: unused variable res.
[rodiney@homer ocamlmpi-1.01]$

As you all can see, there is only a warning message. I mean.. no big deal.
So, that command line works pretty good.
The problem occurs when I try to execute 'testmpi' file.
I'm  getting the following message when doing this:

rodiney@homer ocamlmpi-1.01]$ mpirun -np 1 ./testmpi
It seems that there is no lamd running on the host homer.

This indicates that the LAM/MPI runtime environment is not operating.
The LAM/MPI runtime environment is necessary for MPI programs to run
(the MPI program tired to invoke the "MPI_Init" function).

Please run the "lamboot" command the start the LAM/MPI runtime
environment.  See the LAM/MPI documentation for how to invoke
"lamboot" across multiple machines.

The same message appears by doing 'mpiexec -n 1 ./testmpi' as well.

I would like to remember you, guys, that I'm using MPICH2 implementation of
MPI (mpich2-1.0.6).
So, although MPICH2 is already installed and configured properly, the
message displayed above is just asking to start 'lamboot'. However,
'lamboot' is a tool provided by LAM/MPI: yet another an MPI implementation.
Why it is asking me for 'lamboot' if I'm using the 'mpd' daemon (i.e.: the
process manager) from MPICH2??

Hmm. OK.. I've just started 'lamboot' and I did 'mpiexec -n 1 ./testmp' (or
'mpirun -np 1 ./testmpi') once more. Below is the output:

[rodiney@homer ocamlmpi-1.01]$ mpiexec -n 1 ./testmpi
MPI process rank 0 (n0, p3915) caught a SIGSEGV in MPI_Errhandler_free.
Rank (0, MPI_COMM_WORLD): Call stack within LAM:
Rank (0, MPI_COMM_WORLD):  - MPI_Errhandler_free()
Rank (0, MPI_COMM_WORLD):  - MPI_Errhandler_set()
Rank (0, MPI_COMM_WORLD):  - main()

So, that's the point. What should I do to solve this problem and get
'testmpi' working??
Please, help me!!! I'm almost loosing my mind!! LOL
I'm looking forward for any help!!!
Thanks in advance and sorry for such a long message. That's it!!

Best regards,

                    Rodiney

* Re: (help) new kind of error <-> OcamlMPI
       [not found] ` <74F4D1E8-554A-4B94-B4F3-FBE9C2497311@gmail.com>
@ 2007-10-07 21:31   ` Rod
From: Rod @ 2007-10-07 21:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andres Varon, caml-list, RABIH.ELCHAAR