From: Olivier Andrieu <oandrieu@nerim.net>
To: j.romildo@gmail.com
Cc: caml-list@inria.fr, lablgtk@math.nagoya-u.ac.jp
Subject: Re: missing gtk_button_set_image in lablgtk
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2006 21:01:21 +0200	[thread overview]

[-- Attachment #1: message body and .signature --]
[-- Type: text/plain, Size: 1471 bytes --]

 j.romildo@gmail.com [Tuesday 3 October 2006] :

 > On Tue, Oct 03, 2006 at 10:34:39AM -0300, j.romildo@gmail.com wrote:
 > > Hello.
 > >
 > > I am using lablgtk to write the GUI for an application I am
 > > developing. Currently I want to set the image associated with a
 > > button, but it seems that lablgtk does not have support for the
 > > Gtk API function gtk_button_set_image. So I am writing to request
 > > this support in the next version of lablgtk.
 >
 > I have written the attached to add the methos image and set_image
 > to class Button of gtklabel. But I did not get the types correct
 > for the GtkWidget* from the Gtk+ API. Maybe someone has a clue on
 > how those methods should be typed.
 >
 > In Gtk+ the functions have the prototypes:
 >
 >    GtkWidget* gtk_button_get_image (GtkButton *button);
 >
 >    void gtk_button_set_image (GtkButton *button, GtkWidget *image);
 >
 > The idea is to have two new methods in the class button (files
 > gButton.mli and gButton.ml):
 >
 >     image : <lablgtk type equivalent to GtkWidget*> option
 >
 >     set_image : <lablgtk type equivalent to GtkWidget*> -> unit
 >
 > and two extern functions in module Button of file gtkButton.ml:

No need to, since "image" is defined as a property. You just have to
modify gtkButton.props and propcc will generate the code, and add the
new methods in gButton.mli.

Here is a patch, with a bunch of other missing properties of
GtkButton.
--
   Olivier