From: Hendrik Tews <H.Tews@cs.ru.nl>
To: caml-list@inria.fr
Subject: camlp4 3.10 questions
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 00:36:33 +0200	[thread overview]

Hi,

while doing my little camlp4 printer exercise I had the following
questions:

1. What is the difference between Register.Printer and
   Register.OCamlPrinter? I guess it boils down to the difference
   between Sig.Syntax and Sig.Camlp4Syntax?

2. There are various maps and folds on asts in Sig.Camlp4Ast. How
   can I use them?

3. Register.declare_dyn_module puts all modules in a queue
   together with a function that contains some delayed side
   effects. Where are these function called?

4. I have the impression that the users Make functors (such as in
   the printer HOWTO) are always applied to the same argument,
   namely PreCast.Syntax. Why do I have to give a functor then?

5. I saw Camlp4OCamlOriginalQuotationExpander, presumably this is
   a quotation expander for quotations in original syntax. Is
   this already complete?

6. There are various camlp4's: camlp4 camlp4o camlp4of camlp4oof
   camlp4orf camlp4r camlp4rf camlp4boot camlp4prof. Could
   somebody explain the nameing convention?

   camlp4boot is the one used for bootstrapping or compiling the
   camlp4 sources?

   What is camlp4prof?

7. Is there an equivalent to the old pa_o_fast.cmx?

8. How can I process multiple files with the same camlp4 process?

Bye,

Hendrik