* netclient: cookie names with + (or spaces)
@ 2008-01-24 16:23 Hendrik Tews
From: Hendrik Tews @ 2008-01-24 16:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hi,

mailman seems to give out cookies with names that contain ``+''.
When I do curl -c ... or look into firefox I see
``robin-cvs-commits+admin'' as cookie name. It might also be that
curl and firefox are buggy and the name is really
``robin-cvs-commits admin''.

There are several fixes needed in netclient to work with such
cookies.

First One has to add ``+'' in the name regexp for get_set_cookie
   (see https://godirepo.camlcity.org/wwwsvn/trunk/code/get-set-cookie.ml?rev=1145&root=lib-ocamlnet2&view=auto
    which I got in
   http://caml.inria.fr/pub/ml-archives/caml-list/2007/08/59604682c9ef4918bb532a576e7db86c.en.html) :

    let nv_re = Pcre.regexp "^([-a-zA-Z0-9_.+]+)(=(.*))?$"

This way I get robin-cvs-commits+admin as cookie name, but when I
set it Nethttp.Header.set_cookie the ``+'' is encoded and the
cookie is not recognized by mailman.

I worked around this rather clumsy:

		  (if c.Nethttp.cookie_name = "robin-cvs-commits+admin" then
		     "robin-cvs-commits admin"
		   else
		     c.Nethttp.cookie_name)

Another possibility is to change in get_set_cookie

	{ Nethttp.cookie_name = Netencoding.Url.decode ~plus:false n;

	{ Nethttp.cookie_name = Netencoding.Url.decode ~plus:true n;

this way I get of course ``robin-cvs-commits admin'' as cookie
name.

I believe get_set_cookie should be in sync with set_cookie.
Therefore, which one is wrong? Must/are cookie names be URL-encoded
in the header?

Bye,

Hendrik

only message in thread, other threads:[~2008-01-24 16:23 UTC | newest]