* [Caml-list] [ANN] OPAM 1.2.0
@ 2014-10-24  5:55 Louis Gesbert
From: Louis Gesbert @ 2014-10-24  5:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

We're very proud to announce the final release of OPAM 1.2.0

This is a big step after 1.1, with lots of new features and a huge effort put into improving the ease of use, output and error handling. Read the full announcement at

    http://opam.ocaml.org/blog/opam-1-2-0-release

Or head straight to the install instructions at

    http://opam.ocaml.org/doc/Install.html

(but know that your existing 1.1 ~/.opam will be updated on first run)

With big thanks to all the beta-testers who took the time to report issues.

Louis Gesbert, OCamlPro, on behalf of the OPAM team.

* Re: [Caml-list] [ANN] OPAM 1.2.0
@ 2014-10-24  8:06 ` Mehdi Dogguy
From: Mehdi Dogguy @ 2014-10-24  8:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Louis Gesbert; +Cc: caml-list

Le 2014-10-24 07:55, Louis Gesbert a écrit :
> We're very proud to announce the final release of OPAM 1.2.0
>
> This is a big step after 1.1, with lots of new features and a huge
> effort put into improving the ease of use, output and error handling.
> Read the full announcement at
>
>     http://opam.ocaml.org/blog/opam-1-2-0-release

On https://github.com/ocaml/opam/tags, I see that rc4 and the final
release are made from the same commit. Is that correct? IOW, for those
whose use rc4, do they have to upgrade to the final release? The
release
is also not mentioned on https://github.com/ocaml/opam/releases. So
maybe I picked up the wrong tarball.

Regards,

--
Mehdi

* Re: [Caml-list] [ANN] OPAM 1.2.0
@ 2014-10-24  8:24   ` Louis Gesbert
From: Louis Gesbert @ 2014-10-24  8:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list, Mehdi Dogguy

Indeed, 1.2.0-rc4 has been promoted to 1.2.0 ; the sources are identical, and no upgrade is required if you were already on RC4.

Release is shown on https://github.com/ocaml/opam/releases, but latest, latest-test, rc4 and 1.2.0 being on the same commit, github orders them in its own way (and displays the date of the commit as date of the release, which is kind of wrong).

Sorry for the confusion. And thanks a lot for the packaging efforts !

Le vendredi 24 octobre 2014, 10:06:13 Mehdi Dogguy a écrit :
> Le 2014-10-24 07:55, Louis Gesbert a écrit :
> > We're very proud to announce the final release of OPAM 1.2.0
> >
> > This is a big step after 1.1, with lots of new features and a huge
> > effort put into improving the ease of use, output and error handling.
> > Read the full announcement at
> >
> >     http://opam.ocaml.org/blog/opam-1-2-0-release
> >

> On https://github.com/ocaml/opam/tags, I see that rc4 and the final
> release are made from the same commit. Is that correct? IOW, for those
> whose use rc4, do they have to upgrade to the final release? The
> release
> is also not mentioned on https://github.com/ocaml/opam/releases. So
> maybe I picked up the wrong tarball.
>
> Regards,

* Re: [Caml-list] [ANN] OPAM 1.2.0
@ 2014-10-24  8:29     ` Mehdi Dogguy
From: Mehdi Dogguy @ 2014-10-24  8:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Louis Gesbert; +Cc: caml-list

Le 2014-10-24 10:24, Louis Gesbert a écrit :
> Indeed, 1.2.0-rc4 has been promoted to 1.2.0 ; the sources are
> identical, and no upgrade is required if you were already on RC4.

Ok. Thanks for the confirmation. Then, I'm happy to announce that
(for once :-P) Debian has Opam's latest release in Sid, will migrate
in a few days to testing... and will be part of the forthcoming
Jessie release.

Thanks for the release and for your efforts in maintaining this
software!

Regards,

--
Mehdi