From: Jeff Henrikson <jehenrik@yahoo.com>
To: Miles Egan <miles@caddr.com>
Cc: <caml-list@inria.fr>
Subject: Re: mixing different languages (was: RE: [Caml-list] dynamic HTML pages)
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2003 19:00:46 -0400	[thread overview]

I'm not sure I understand what you want, but wouldn't just having a
program spew stuff back into its own toplevel be a sledgehammer for
dynamic metaprogramming?  I'm surprised I haven't seen more code that
does this.  That combined with being able to do things like recurse
over your own source code (esp. data types) with camlp4 seems way
better than could be done by hand mucking java byte codes.  But again,
I'm not sure what you want.

Jeff Henrikson

. . .