* avenir de caml-light
@ 1995-12-21 15:49 Jean Charles Gregoire
From: Jean Charles Gregoire @ 1995-12-21 15:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

je cite :

  Though close to Caml Light in many ways, Caml Special Light is not the
  latest release of Caml Light: the language implemented has changed in
  significant ways, source-level compatibility is not ensured, and the
  implementation has been almost completely rewritten from scratch.

Sur le point de m'embarquer dans une nouvelle re'vision d'un logiciel, je me
demande si :
- caml-light version 0.7 est bien la dernie`re re'vision de caml-light
- tous les efforts de support et de de'veloppement sont maintenant mis sur
CSL.

Merci,

J-Ch. Gre'goire

* Re: avenir de caml-light
@ 1995-12-28 15:36 ` Pierre Weis
From: Pierre Weis @ 1995-12-28 15:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jean Charles Gregoire; +Cc: caml-list

Hi,

> je cite :
>
>   Though close to Caml Light in many ways, Caml Special Light is not the
>   latest release of Caml Light: the language implemented has changed in
>   significant ways, source-level compatibility is not ensured, and the
>   implementation has been almost completely rewritten from scratch.
>
> Sur le point de m'embarquer dans une nouvelle re'vision d'un logiciel, je me
> demande si :
> - caml-light version 0.7 est bien la dernie`re re'vision de caml-light
> - tous les efforts de support et de de'veloppement sont maintenant mis sur
> CSL.
>
> Merci,
>
> J-Ch. Gre'goire

In the Cristal team, the main stream of development is now on the CSL
implementation, but we'll maintain the Caml Light system as long as it
will have users.

For instance, the 0.7 version is not the last version of Caml Light,
since we'll distribute a new 0.71 version very soon. Support and
development of the Caml Light system is not abandoned as well
(especially because it is widely used in computer science teaching).

Pierre Weis
WWW Home Page: http://pauillac.inria.fr/~weis
Projet Cristal
INRIA, BP 105, F-78153 Le Chesnay Cedex (France)
E-mail: Pierre.Weis@inria.fr
Telephone: +33 1 39 63 55 98
Fax: +33 1 39 63 53 30