* O'Caml refman source
@ 1997-04-02 23:24 Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 1997-04-02 23:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Is the source of the refman available somewhere ?
I can see html, dvi, ps, prn, txt (some compressed, some not), it
seems that they should all derive from some magic source (TeXinfo
or somesuch). Why isn't it available ?

-----

Lae source du manuel de référence est-il accesible quelque part ?
Il semble que tous ces formats (dvi, ps, html, ...) dérivent d'une source
genre TeXinfo, mais cette source semble ne pas être distribuée, pourquoi ?

        Stefan

* Re: O'Caml refman source
@ 1997-04-03 15:35 ` Xavier Leroy
From: Xavier Leroy @ 1997-04-03 15:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefan Monnier; +Cc: caml-list

> Is the source of the refman available somewhere ?
> I can see html, dvi, ps, prn, txt (some compressed, some not), it
> seems that they should all derive from some magic source (TeXinfo
> or somesuch).

Actually, the source is in LaTeX with custom macros.

> Why isn't it available ?

The source plus all the translators is pretty complex and not too
clean. Besides, we figured that few, if any, users would actually need
the source of the documentation. Also, we'd rather no see modified
versions of the documentation disseminated here and there. But if you
have any legitimate use for the sources, let us (caml-light@inria.fr)
know and we'll work out something.

Regards,

- Xavier Leroy