* Caml Programming Environment
@ 1997-10-23 18:10 Cesar Lombao
From: Cesar Lombao @ 1997-10-23 18:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'caml-list@inria.fr'

Hello from Spain.
I would know if exists any programming environment of caml, (I think that is an IDE).
Anything like RHIDE for DJGPP, like TURBO C IDE.

I would like find too some docs about camllex and camlyacc.

Sorry, I dont speak french.

Thanks in advance

Cesar Lombao
lombao@arrakis.es
http://www.arrakis.es/~lombao

* Re: Caml Programming Environment
@ 1997-10-24 12:54 ` Xavier Leroy
From: Xavier Leroy @ 1997-10-24 12:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cesar Lombao; +Cc: caml-list

> I would know if exists any programming environment of caml, (I think
> that is an IDE).  Anything like RHIDE for DJGPP, like TURBO C IDE.

The best programming environment for Caml is the Unix operating system
and the GNU Emacs editor.  As an added value, both are 100% free, run
on any reasonably recent machine (and a lot of unreasonably old ones),
and give a rock-solid environment for all your computing as well...

If you insist on an MSDOS-style IDE, I don't know any that will work
out of the box with Caml.  However, I had a look at RHIDE, and it
seems relatively trivial to adapt to any command-line compiler
(such as Caml Light), not just DJGPP.

> I would like find too some docs about camllex and camlyacc.

In the Caml Light manual, chapter 9:
        hhtp://pauillac.inria.fr/caml/man-caml/index.html

Regards,

- Xavier Leroy

* Re: Caml Programming Environment
@ 1997-10-28  5:21 ` Jacques GARRIGUE
From: Jacques GARRIGUE @ 1997-10-28  5:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lombao; +Cc: caml-list

From: Cesar Lombao <lombao@arrakis.es>

> I would know if exists any programming environment of caml, (I think
> that is an IDE).  Anything like RHIDE for DJGPP, like TURBO C IDE.

As Xavier already answered, most common functions can be obtained by
using emacs and caml-mode under unix. Caml is very well integrated
with unix, which makes this way of using it most comfortable.

If you think of a graphical IDE, there are several.
Under Windows and MacOS, both caml-light and ocaml come with a quite
primitive user interface.
Under Unix, you have CamlBrowser for caml-light and
Labl/OCamlBrowser for olabl/ocaml, which provide you with more advanced
features, like environment browsing and global search functions.
That is, these interfaces do not intend to provide you with building
tools, since make is already included in unix, and some example of
makefiles come with caml, but with new features, some of them not
available in IDE's for other languages.

Regards,

Jacques
Jacques Garrigue	Kyoto University      garrigue@kurims.kyoto-u.ac.jp