* index for html version of manual?
@ 1997-12-31 14:51 Joshua D. Guttman
From: Joshua D. Guttman @ 1997-12-31 14:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list; +Cc: guttman

The version of the ocaml manual as a bundle of HTML files turns out to
be very convenient for on-screen use.  But the printed copy also has
an excellent index.  Would it be possible also to generate an index
for the HTML version?

This would make it very quick to find documentation; for instance, we
emacs users would execute

(call-process <browser-name>  nil 0 nil "-remote"
	      (concat "openURL(" <URL_of_index> ")"))

and then do a "Find" in the browser to get the index entry.  One more
click would show the documentation.

Thanks very much for the high quality of ocaml.

	Joshua Guttman

[
   Apologies for the absence of a French version.  We English speakers
   are sometimes reticent to mangle the French language.  I'm safer
   treating French as a spectator sport.
]

only message in thread, other threads:[~1997-12-31 14:59 UTC | newest]