* stdout in Unix module
@ 1998-03-25 15:41 Vincent Leleu
From: Vincent Leleu @ 1998-03-25 15:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hello all,

Could anybody tell me how I should call 'flush stdout' in conjunction with the
Unix module.
Once a 'open Unix' directive has been called I get the following compilation
conflict:

flush stdout;;
      ^^^^^^
This expression has type Unix.file_descr but is here used with type out_channel

Thanks.

Sincerely yours.

Vincent Leleu

Computing Research Group
Johnson Building
University of Eastern England
Victoria Road South
Chelmsford CM1 1LL

Phone:  +44 1245 493131 ext. 3416
FAX:    +44 1245 495263
E-Mail: vincent@parc.anglia.ac.uk

* Re: stdout in Unix module
@ 1998-03-27 11:12 ` Pierre Weis
From: Pierre Weis @ 1998-03-27 11:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: vincent; +Cc: caml-list

> Once a 'open Unix' directive has been called I get the following compilation
> conflict:
>
> flush stdout;;
>       ^^^^^^
> This expression has type Unix.file_descr but is here used with type out_channel

You should explicitely name stdout Pervasives.stdout, not to confuse
with Unix.stdout.

Pierre Weis

INRIA, Projet Cristal, Pierre.Weis@inria.fr, http://pauillac.inria.fr/~weis/