* Ocaml users outside France (and inside too)
@ 1998-09-24  9:08 Basile STARYNKEVITCH
From: Basile STARYNKEVITCH @ 1998-09-24  9:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list; +Cc: toumi

Hello All,

I'm trying to advocate the use of Ocaml inside my organisation. I
would like to have a list of Ocaml (or Caml) users outside France,
both from industry and academia.

I also would like some french examples. I know about CNET & Dassault.

If you have an URL describing the project using Ocaml it would be
great.

The Ocaml source code does not need to be available, but I want to
cite (on an internal Web server) many references of Ocaml usage or
interest. I obviously want to be able to cite Ocaml usage!

Please email me - I'll try to summarize to the list what I've got.

I have some colleagues who heard about Python but not about
Ocaml.

N.B. Any opinions expressed here are onely mine, and not of my organization.
N.B. Les opinions exprimees ici me sont personnelles et n engagent pas le CEA.

Basile STARYNKEVITCH   ----  Commissariat à l Energie Atomique
DRN/DMT/SYSCO * CEA/Saclay bat.460 * 91191 GIF/YVETTE CEDEX * France
fax: (33) 1,69.08.96.96; phone: 1,69.08.40.66; home: 1,46.65.45.53
email: Basile point Starynkevitch at cea point fr
I speak french, english, russian. Je parle français, anglais, russe.

* Re: Ocaml users outside France (and inside too)
@ 1998-09-25  9:22 ` luther
From: luther @ 1998-09-25  9:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Basile STARYNKEVITCH, caml-list

On Thu, Sep 24, 1998 at 11:08:18AM +0200, Basile STARYNKEVITCH wrote:
> Please email me - I'll try to summarize to the list what I've got.

perhaps it would be nice to post the result of this little survey on the ocaml web site, or at least a link on the wbe page to some web page you would make out of it.

alternatively, they could be a little registering thing at the ocaml website, who each one could register stating on which hardware he use ocaml, for what purpose and other such things.

Friendly,

Sven LUTHER

* Re: Ocaml users outside France (and inside too)
@ 1998-09-25  9:23 ` Daniel de Rauglaudre
From: Daniel de Rauglaudre @ 1998-09-25  9:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Basile STARYNKEVITCH; +Cc: caml-list, toumi

> I'm trying to advocate the use of Ocaml inside my organisation. I
> would like to have a list of Ocaml (or Caml) users outside France,
> both from industry and academia.
>
> I also would like some french examples. I know about CNET & Dassault.
>
> If you have an URL describing the project using Ocaml it would be
> great.

GeneWeb, a genealogy software, is written in Ocaml. Binaries are
available for Linux x86 and Windows 95/NT. Sources are distributed
too. All infos at:

       http://pauillac.inria.fr/~ddr/GeneWeb/

 Daniel de RAUGLAUDRE
 Projet Cristal - INRIA Rocquencourt