* OcamlMakefile
@ 1999-10-21 20:51 Markus Mottl
From: Markus Mottl @ 1999-10-21 20:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: OCAML, jenso

Hello,

I have just released a new version of OcamlMakefile. The most important
change is that it now allows you to generate code for profiling - no
matter whether your target is byte code (-> ocamlprof), native code (->
gprof), whether it is an executable or library.

All you need to do is enter e.g. "make pnc" instead of "make nc" for
generating native code that can be profiled. See the Changes and the
README for more details. You need not change your old Makefiles that
use OcamlMakefile.

As usual, you can get the distribution from:

  http://miss.wu-wien.ac.at/~mottl/ocaml_sources/intro.html

Best regards,
Markus Mottl

--
Markus Mottl, mottl@miss.wu-wien.ac.at, http://miss.wu-wien.ac.at/~mottl

* OcamlMakefile
@ 2000-06-09  0:51 Markus Mottl
From: Markus Mottl @ 2000-06-09  0:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: OCAML

Hello,

for those of you who are still not satisfied with the ease of building
OCaml-projects:

I have just released an updated version of "OcamlMakefile", which exploits
new features of the OCaml-tools and adds some functionality, namely:

  * the new library building semantics (libraries "remember" their link
    flags)

  * greatly improved dependency handling: exploits the recently introduced
    "-native"-flag of "ocamldep" and stores generated dependencies in
    a much more transparent way - *the* perfect solution?

  * supports easy installation of libraries

  * and, and, and... (see the updated Changes + README of the distribution!)

Unfortunately, I haven't yet managed to implement a target that makes you a
cup of coffee, but I'm working on that... ;-)

Here the link (get "ocaml_make.tar.gz" as usual):

  http://miss.wu-wien.ac.at/~mottl/ocaml_sources/intro.html

Best regards,
Markus Mottl

--
Markus Mottl, mottl@miss.wu-wien.ac.at, http://miss.wu-wien.ac.at/~mottl

* Re: OCamlMakefile
@ 2000-02-28 23:15 ` Pierre Weis
From: Pierre Weis @ 2000-02-28 23:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Remi VANICAT; +Cc: caml-list

> Français :
>
> Bonjour,
>
> j'ai ramener chez moi le Makefile_caml.tpl disponible a l'INRIA, et je
> me suis aperçut d'un problème : Il n'y a pas de licence seulement un
> "Distributed only by permission". Dans quel mesure j'ai le droit de le
> modifier et de le redistribuer? merci d'avance.

C'est la licence INRIA: totalement libre à condition de laisser la
notice. Vous avez même le droit de vendre ce fichier à qui voudra vous
l'acheter.

> English :
> I have found the Makefile_caml.tpl on the INRIA server, but there is no
> license for it, which one apply?

The INRIA licence: you're free to do what you want with this file as
soon as the copyright notice is not removed. You can even sell the
file if you can...

--
Pierre Weis

INRIA, Projet Cristal, http://pauillac.inria.fr/~weis

* OCamlMakefile
@ 2000-02-28 12:06 Remi VANICAT
From: Remi VANICAT @ 2000-02-28 12:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Français :

Bonjour,

j'ai ramener chez moi le Makefile_caml.tpl disponible a l'INRIA, et je
me suis aperçut d'un problème : Il n'y a pas de licence seulement un
"Distributed only by permission". Dans quel mesure j'ai le droit de le
modifier et de le redistribuer? merci d'avance.

English :
I have found the Makefile_caml.tpl on the INRIA server, but there is no
license for it, which one apply?

Thanks
--
Rémi Vanicat