* MySQL module for OCaml
@ 1999-12-05 19:13 Christian Lindig
From: Christian Lindig @ 1999-12-05 19:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

I like to announce the availability of OCamlMySQL:  a module that
gives access to MySQL databases from OCaml.  The source code and some
details (README and interface) can be found here:

            http://www.gaertner.de/~lindig/software

The source comes with GNU Autoconf support which I hope will help to
increase portability of the code.  However, this is an early release
and I like to invite you to improve things.  I especially would
welcome a review of the C code dealing with the garbage collector and
additions to the configure.in file.  Currently the configure script
finds all relevant files on my system (Debian 2.1 but OCaml and MySQL
in /usr/local) but probably needs some fixes for other popular
platforms like RedHat, SuSE, Solaris.

I know that there are more ambitious database projects for OCaml
(listed on http://caml.inria.fr/hump.html).  My intention is to keep
things simple and robust.  The code was inspired by the Moscow ML
module for MySQL access (Moscow ML is based on Caml Light).

-- Christian

--
 Christian Lindig       Gaertner Datensysteme GbR, Braunschweig,  Germany
                        http://www.gaertner.de/~lindig lindig@gaertner.de

only message in thread, other threads:[~1999-12-05 22:37 UTC | newest]