* New approaches?
@ 2009-09-26 17:14 David McClain
From: David McClain @ 2009-09-26 17:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hi,

While I want to extend a hearty congratulations to the OC4MC team for
an effort well done! I also want to point out some other approaches...

Here is a link to a paper about a "new" approach to SMP multicores as
well as distributed heterogenous systems, being developed by MS
Research and ETH Zurich... (seems an evolutionary approach from Mach
microkernel)

http://www.barrelfish.org/barrelfish_sosp09.pdf

It is an orthogonal approach to that using shared concurrent memory
that may well map better, not only for OS's, but also for applications
written in OCaml.

Cheers,

Dr. David McClain
dbm@refined-audiometrics.com

only message in thread, other threads:[~2009-09-26 17:14 UTC | newest]