* [Caml-list] OS X distribution issue
@ 2002-11-06  2:54 Stephen C Harris
From: Stephen C Harris @ 2002-11-06  2:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Christopher Anand just helped pinpoint a big problem in the way
  I'm packaging the OS X distribution, which is that the ocaml (toplevel)
binary is expecting ocamlrun to be wherever it was put by "make install"
(e.g. /usr/local/bin/ocamlrun).  I didn't notice of course because I
still had
mine there from when I built it, but it won't work of course for someone
who doesn't have it there, which rather defeats the purpose of the
distribution :(
He did "strings" on the ocaml binary and noticed the call to ocamlrun.
I haven't
had a chance to look at the source code yet for ocaml toplevel, but
just wanted to
warn everybody that the OS X distribution will need work,  and advice
is welcome of course.

The CocoaTopLevel wrapper itself is uneffected by this if you download
it separately and
point it to your existing installed toplevel.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2002-11-06  2:56 UTC | newest]