Hello, I'm having some trouble with variant representation in the OCaml/C interface. According to the reference I found ( http://caml.inria.fr/pub/docs/manual-ocaml/manual032.html), it seems like if we have value v = variant VConstr(val), where val is some integer value, should have Field(val, 0) == hash_variant("VConstr") and Int_val(Field(v, 0) == val. I don't seem to be understanding this correctly, since I am getting Int_val(Field(v, 0)) == val. I have the following datatype declaration in my OCaml: type newty = VConstr of int | ... In the C implementation of OCaml function foo : newty -> int, I have something like this; CAMLprim value foo (value v) { ... } In the body of this function I am looking at the fields of val. Am I doing something wrong here? Thanks, Jean -- Jean Yang http://people.csail.mit.edu/jeanyang Save us! Think before you print.