* Re:  Ocaml for Mac
@ 2000-01-02 17:10 Damien Doligez
From: Damien Doligez @ 2000-01-02 17:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

>From: Francesco Logozzo <logozzo@cibs.sns.it>

>        I' wondering when we could get an "usable" version of Ocaml for
>Mac. At the moment there is no native compiler, no Lexx or Yacc, no
>debugger and no profiler. I would like to use Ocaml with my Mac in a
>serious way, when can I do it?

Native compiler: when we find the time to do it.
Ocamllex and ocamlyacc: they work perfectly well right now.
Profiler: Real Soon Now for the execution-count profiler, I don't know
for the time profiler.
Debugger: that's really tricky, because it's very much Unix-dependent
(it has an essential need of the fork system call).  Maybe someday
without the replay features.

The other thing that's missing is an interface to the OS and toolbox,
but I'm afraid we don't have the manpower to do it.

Of course, you're welcome to contribute anything you want.

-- Damien

* Re: Ocaml for Mac
@ 2000-01-04 10:58 ` Xavier Leroy
From: Xavier Leroy @ 2000-01-04 10:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Francesco Logozzo, caml-list

> 	I' wondering when we could get an "usable" version of Ocaml for
> Mac. At the moment there is no native compiler, no Lexx or Yacc, no
> debugger and no profiler. I would like to use Ocaml with my Mac in a
> serious way, when can I do it?

In my opinion, your best bet is to wait for MacOS X.  The full OCaml
system, including all the items you list, already runs like a champion on
MacOX X Server, and we expect no problems at all getting it to run on
Mac OS X as well.

Best regards,

- Xavier Leroy

* Re: Ocaml for Mac
@ 2000-01-02  9:34 ` Denis Monasse
From: Denis Monasse @ 2000-01-02  9:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

>Hi,
>	I' wondering when we could get an "usable" version of Ocaml for
>Mac. At the moment there is no native compiler, no Lexx or Yacc, no
>debugger and no profiler. I would like to use Ocaml with my Mac in a
>serious way, when can I do it?
>
>Thank you,
>Francesco Logozzo

Oh yes, please, Santa Claus. It would be a wonderful gift for Y2K. We are so many waiting for it.

Thank you.

Denis Monasse

* Ocaml for Mac
@ 1999-12-31  0:12 Francesco Logozzo