@ 2000-02-27 23:26 Ravi Chamarty
From: Ravi Chamarty @ 2000-02-27 23:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hi,

 I have ocaml made on both Linux and Unix. I have a helloworld.ml which
compiles and executes well on both the systems.How I can execute the
bytecodes generated from one system over another?

Thanks in advance,
Ravi

Ravi S Chamarty                    E-mail: ravi@ittc.ukans.edu
Graduate Research Assistant,       Voice :785-864-7799
ITTC,2291 Irving Hill Road,
University of Kansas,
Lawrence KS 66044-7541

* Re: Loading Bytecodes
@ 2000-02-28 23:19 ` Jean-Christophe Filliatre
From: Jean-Christophe Filliatre @ 2000-02-28 23:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ravi Chamarty; +Cc: caml-list

>  I have ocaml made on both Linux and Unix. I have a helloworld.ml which
> compiles and executes well on both the systems.How I can execute the
> bytecodes generated from one system over another?

The runtime system is called ocamlrun, and is used as follows:

    ocamlrun bytecode-file

whatever the platform used to create "bytecode-file" was.
See the reference manual, chapter 9 for more details:

    http://pauillac.inria.fr/ocaml/htmlman/manual022.html

Best regards,
--
Jean-Christophe Filliatre
  Computer Science Laboratory   Phone (650) 859-5173

* Re: Loading Bytecodes
@ 2000-02-29 10:29 ` Xavier Leroy
From: Xavier Leroy @ 2000-02-29 10:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ravi Chamarty, caml-list

>  I have ocaml made on both Linux and Unix. I have a helloworld.ml which
> compiles and executes well on both the systems.How I can execute the
> bytecodes generated from one system over another?

Easy: transfer the bytecode executable file from one system to another.
Assume it's called exec.byt.  Then run

                ocamlrun exec.byt

on the second system.  Or, edit the first line of exec.byt
(the one with #!) to put the full path of ocamlrun on the second system,
provided it supports the #! notation.

- Xavier Leroy