From: Markus Mottl <mottl@miss.wu-wien.ac.at>
To: fva@tsc.uc3m.es (Francisco Valverde Albacete)
Cc: caml-list@inria.fr (OCAML)
Subject: Re: additions to standard library?
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 21:33:35 +0100 (MET)	[thread overview]

> Yes. Definitely... Maybe there is a point in keeping the standard library
> uncluttered and supply a parallell library based on the standard one but
> giving more functionality... This way, the implementor team can concentrate
> efforts in the compilers and environment and the concerned users can keep a
> "utility" library up-to-date... I'd be more than willing to contribute code &
> work to such an effort.

I also think that it is a sensible strategy of INRIA to keep the interfaces
of their libraries uncluttered. An "experimental" repository for libraries,
where people can work out possible additions cooperatively, would be a very
appealing project. I would also be prepared to volunteer in such an effort.

Xavier once posted the following mail:

  http://pauillac.inria.fr/caml/caml-list/1087.html

Is it still possible to get CVS-accounts at INRIA? It would also be
possible to use "http://sourceforge.net", but I have no experience in
setting up projects there nor whether there might be any objections to
doing such a project on a host outside the control of INRIA - maybe John
Skaller, who uses it for his Python-compiler, can tell us more about it?

Regards,
Markus Mottl

--
Markus Mottl, mottl@miss.wu-wien.ac.at, http://miss.wu-wien.ac.at/~mottl