* toplevel listing of modules?
@ 2000-10-20  7:07 Stephan Houben
From: Stephan Houben @ 2000-10-20  7:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hello list,

I have a question: is there a way to get a list of all
(types|values|modules|...) that are currently available in the toplevel?
Is there a way to get a list of all the stuff in a module?

One of the things I like in Python is that if you have a module `os', then
`dir(os)' will get you a list of all stuff that is in `os'.
This is great for interactive experiments with a new module.
Is there something similar in O'Caml?

Greetings,

Stephan
 --
ir. Stephan H.M.J. Houben
tel. +31-40-2474358 / +31-40-2743497

* Re: toplevel listing of modules?
@ 2000-10-20 12:37 ` Pierre Weis
From: Pierre Weis @ 2000-10-20 12:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephan Houben; +Cc: caml-list

> Hello list,
>
> I have a question: is there a way to get a list of all
> (types|values|modules|...) that are currently available in the toplevel?

As far as I know, no.

> Is there a way to get a list of all the stuff in a module?

Yes. To know the contents of module M, just define a new module as an
alias of module M:

module X = M;;

[...]

Best regards,

Pierre Weis

INRIA, Projet Cristal, Pierre.Weis@inria.fr, http://cristal.inria.fr/~weis/

* Re: toplevel listing of modules?
@ 2000-10-20 12:39 ` Daniel de Rauglaudre
From: Daniel de Rauglaudre @ 2000-10-20 12:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: stephanh; +Cc: caml-list

Hello,

On Fri, Oct 20, 2000 at 09:07:11AM +0200, Stephan Houben wrote:

> I have a question: is there a way to get a list of all
> (types|values|modules|...) that are currently available in the toplevel?
> Is there a way to get a list of all the stuff in a module?

For the contents of a module, there is a trick. To have the contents
of, e.g. the module List, type:

    # module M = List;;

--
Daniel de RAUGLAUDRE