* fun vs function
@ 2000-11-16 19:38 Brock
From: Brock @ 2000-11-16 19:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

I am learning OCaml and am confused on the difference between fun and
function. I saw a message to this list earlier, but I didn't understand
it. Could anyone please either explain the difference or point me in the
right direction? I've read the manual and various other docs, but maybe I
missed a clear explaination.

Thank you!

--Brock

* Re: fun vs function
@ 2000-11-17 11:00 ` Pierre Weis
From: Pierre Weis @ 2000-11-17 11:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Brock; +Cc: caml-list

> I am learning OCaml and am confused on the difference between fun and
> function. I saw a message to this list earlier, but I didn't understand
> it. Could anyone please either explain the difference or point me in the
> right direction? I've read the manual and various other docs, but maybe I
> missed a clear explaination.
>
> Thank you!
>
> --Brock

You should have a look to the FAQ, there is an answer to the question

     * What is the difference between fun and function ?

that could be relevant to your problem.

Remember that the FAQ is bilingual (french and english), so read one
of the following URLs

   http://pauillac.inria.fr/caml/FAQ/FAQ_DEBUTANT-eng.html#fun
   http://pauillac.inria.fr/caml/FAQ/FAQ_DEBUTANT-fra.html#fun

If you have any difficulty to understand the FAQ answer, please let me
know, in order to improve our support to users...

Thanks in advance,

Pierre Weis

INRIA, Projet Cristal, Pierre.Weis@inria.fr, http://cristal.inria.fr/~weis/