From: Pierre Weis <Pierre.Weis@inria.fr>
To: andorxor@gmx.de (Stephan Tolksdorf)
Cc: caml-list@inria.fr
Subject: Re: Unbound type constructor
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2001 17:35:02 +0100 (MET)	[thread overview]

> Maybe this topic should be added to the faq?

Yes I should do it.

> Stephan Tolksdorf
>
> PS: Is it me or is the time a mail needs to get finally delivered when
> it is posted via the list rather slow?

No it is not you, it's me as well as for the FAQ entry: I'm the
moderator of the Caml list, and that's my fault if messages are not
bounced instantly to all the Caml list's subscribers!

In fact I bufferize them, since I read all the posts before sending
them to the list (this is partly to prevent spamming and partly to
prevent flame wars on the list) and this needs some time; also, I get
tired sometimes and go to bed and thus stop bouncing messages to the
list; even worse, in some occasions, I may attend a conference such as
POPL and be away from the list for days!  Also, I'm suppose to do some
work for INRIA other than managing this Caml list (e.g. attending
meetings, writing O'Caml examples, articles, programs, etc); that's
why I generally treat the mail from the list only once or twice a
day. If this treatment of the list is considered harmful and not
desirable, we can turn the list into some other mode, maybe a
completely free (non-moderated) mode ...

Best regards,

Pierre Weis

INRIA, Projet Cristal, Pierre.Weis@inria.fr, http://pauillac.inria.fr/~weis/