From: Peter Ronnquist <pronnquist@yahoo.com>
To: Jacques Garrigue <garrigue@kurims.kyoto-u.ac.jp>
Cc: caml-list@inria.fr
Subject: Re: compilation of lablgl examples.
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2001 04:09:29 -0800 (PST)	[thread overview]

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii, Size: 2013 bytes --]

--- Jacques Garrigue <garrigue@kurims.kyoto-u.ac.jp>
wrote:
> From: Peter Ronnquist <pronnquist@yahoo.com>
>
> > I have a problem with compiling the laglgl
> examples. I
> > can run them with the top level:
> > lablgl -labels simple.ml
> >
> > but
> >
> > ocamlc -I /usr/lib/ocaml/labltk  -I
> > /usr/lib/ocaml/lablGL -I /usr/lib/labltk.cma
> > lablgl.cma togl.cmo simple.ml -o program
> >
> > gives the following output:
> > /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -ltk8.0
> > collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> > Error while building custom runtime system
> >
> > I have libtk8.0.so.1 in /usr/lib
> > so I guess that the library really should be
> found,
> > also the fact that the toplevel works seems to
> support
> > that this library indeed is existing and usable.
>
> At link time you also need a symbolic link
> libtk8.0.so -> libtk8.0.so.1.
> Is it there?
> Did you compile lablgl yourself, and how di you
> modify the Makefile?
> The only reason I see is that you would have used a
> package which
> only requires the runtime of tcltk, and not the
> developper
> environment.
>
> Jacques Garrigue

> Jacques Garrigue      Kyoto University     garrigue
> at kurims.kyoto-u.ac.jp
> 		<A

Thank you for your help Jacques, as Sven Luther
mentioned he helped me and pointed me to the developer
packages of tcl and tk.

Now I am trying to get the lablgl examples to run
fast. I get accelrated gl with the c version of gears
(900 fps). But the performance of the planet.ml and
tennis.ml is nowhere near this performance. I guess
that dri must be used by lablgl if it is available.

Do you get good performance? Maybe the drawing in
these examples are done to the window directly and not
to the "back/offscreen" buffer? Thus the slower
performance?

Best Regards
Peter Rönnquist

http://auctions.yahoo.com/