* about Caml Consortium
@ 2001-02-09 22:29 Arturo Borquez
From: Arturo Borquez @ 2001-02-09 22:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pierre.Weis; +Cc: caml-list

Some words about the new Caml Consortium.
1) I am sure that it would be a great help to promote Caml and bring it out to the real world. It is difficult to explain managers to be confident if there are no 'kwnown names', their oppinions are plaged by marketing and a lot of paraphernalia they heard from software vendors. So if you get some 'important' sponsors I think it would be a great help.
2) Cultured individuals are also very important to be a part of the Consortuim as they are the principal promoters in the outside world at the begining. But a fee of 2K EUROS is too high. It's necessary to have a channel between the Consortium and community, I figure a sort of 'advocate colaborators' membership for a fee  about 100 EUROS/year.
3) many people like me are tired with the avalanche of bad designed and bloated 'products' some companies put in the market, you spend a lot effort inspecting, studying evaluating and finally you got almost nothing (more layers, more complexity to do the same). I agreed the phrase that "LESS IS MORE". Only well minded, criterious design and implementations are to survive, so it is very important to the future of Caml not be contaminated and do it's own road perphaps slow at beginning, but beating hard.
Regards
Arturo Borquez.

http://www.shopping.altavista.com

only message in thread, other threads:[~2001-02-10 21:33 UTC | newest]