* Re: Slow lablgl. (fwd)
@ 2001-02-10 10:03 peter_ronnquist
From: peter_ronnquist @ 2001-02-10 10:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list; +Cc: garrigue, luther

Some good news, gears.ml now runs in the same speed division as gears.c.
 Hardware acceleration works well and this even when I compile to byte code.
Although to see the output done in the window I have to move the window
once, this forces a redisplay I guess.

The mistake done on my part was that I missed that the

Togl.timer_func ~ms:20 ~cb:(fun () -> view#idle);

function was set to 20 ms, so of course it did not get higher frame rates
than 50 fps.
I changed it to 5 ms and used a big window (about 800 * 600) and it performed
similarly to the gears c version.
Needless to say I am quite impressed with this.

Now there is only one problem left, when I compile gears.ml to native then
it takes a long time (maybe some minutes) with almost all processor time
used and when I run the resulting executable the machine freezes.
Do you get similar problems with gears.ml when compiling to native?
This is not so serious for me at the moment since the byte code compilation
works alright for my intentions.

Best Regards
Peter Rönnquist

* Re: Slow lablgl. (fwd)
@ 2001-02-08  6:20 ` Peter Ronnquist
From: Peter Ronnquist @ 2001-02-08  6:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: garrigue; +Cc: caml-list

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii, Size: 416 bytes --]

Regarding the direct rendering and lablgl, the
libraries are the correct ones on the executable
produced when planet.ml is compiled to native. So the
problem must be in the example itself. I will try to
find it.

Best Regards
Peter Rönnquist

* Slow lablgl. (fwd)
@ 2001-02-07 20:18 peter_ronnquist
From: peter_ronnquist @ 2001-02-07 20:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: garrigue; +Cc: caml-list

Jacques, I think that you may know what the problem is with the slow lablgl
(I hope you know).  My problem is that glxinfo says that I have direct rendering
enabled and gears.c (not ocaml version) run really fast but the planet.ml
and tennis.ml run slow. I suspect as Sven Luther suggest that it does not
use the correct library for accelerated open gl.
I tried ldd on lablgl but it does not use dynamic libraries so maybe I must
compile lablgl myself and link with some static accelrated library? Right
know I don't know how to proceed.
I have installed ocaml, labgl from debian woody (no lablgtk+).

Thank you

Peter Rönnquist