* [Caml-list] new organization of caml-list
@ 2001-02-13 16:17 Xavier Leroy
From: Xavier Leroy @ 2001-02-13 16:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Dear caml-list subscribers,

Instead of arguing some more about the relative benefits of moderated
and unmoderated lists, Pierre Weis and I finally did what we planned
to do for a while: manage the caml-list under Majordomo.

The first consequence is that "subscribe" and "unsubscribe" requests
sent to caml-list-request@inria.fr are now handled automatically by
the Majordomo program, instead of by a friendly human.

The second consequence is that since Majordomo makes it easy to switch
a mailing list between "moderated" and "unmoderated", we decided to
give the "unmoderated" mode a try.  This will help Pierre Weis take
more relaxed vacations :-)  Don't abuse it though, otherwise Pierre
will be back!  (Take note, Daniel and Fabrice :-)

To prevent spams, posting is restricted to subscribers of the list.
Posting from e-mail addresses that do not match the subscription
address are treated manually by Pierre, so expect delays and/or
possible rejections.

This can cause problems if you are subscribed to the caml-list under
address A, but have moved since and now post from address B.  In this
case, it would be nice if you could unsubscribe from A and subscribe from B.

To find out which address you are subscribed from, just look at the
headers of this message.  Alternatively, send an e-mail to
Majordomo@pauillac.inria.fr with the body containing the following
commands:

        which <your e-mail address 1>
        which <your e-mail address 2>

It will tell you whether the given e-mail addresses are subscribed to
the list or not.

If you wish to change your subscription address from A to B, just
send an e-mail to Majordomo@pauillac.inria.fr with the body containing
the following commands:

        unsubscribe caml-list A
        subscribe caml-list B

This is a low-traffic, *moderated* list for announcements of Caml
releases and new Caml-related software, documentation, etc.

All subscribers to caml-list also receive caml-announce messages.  If
however you find the traffic on caml-list a bit too much and would
just like to be informed of new releases, send an e-mail to
Majordomo@pauillac.inria.fr with the body containing the following
commands:

        unsubscribe caml-list <your e-mail address>
        subscribe caml-announce <your e-mail address>

Finally, I'd like to personally thank Pierre Weis for all the time he
put in managing and moderating the caml-list in all these years.

Enjoy,

- Xavier Leroy

only message in thread, other threads:[~2001-02-13 16:39 UTC | newest]