* [Caml-list] Thank you for backtraces!
@ 2001-02-21 23:36 Gerd Stolpmann
From: Gerd Stolpmann @ 2001-02-21 23:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hi list,

The current CVS version of ocaml contains backtraces; example:

let f x = raise Not_found;;

try
  f 3
with
    Not_found as ex ->
      raise ex
;;

$ ocamlc -o t -g t.ml
$ OCAMLRUNPARAM=b t
Fatal error: uncaught exception Not_found
Raised at module T, character 25
Called from module T, character 38
Re-raised at module T, character 81

This feature will really help developers a lot. Thanks to the Caml team!

Gerd

* Re: [Caml-list] Thank you for backtraces!
@ 2001-02-26 14:54 ` Xavier Leroy
From: Xavier Leroy @ 2001-02-26 14:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gerd Stolpmann; +Cc: caml-list

> The current CVS version of ocaml contains backtraces; example:
> This feature will really help developers a lot. Thanks to the Caml team!

That was a modest hack; I'm glad you find it useful!

By the way: the OCaml code was frozen in preparation for the 3.01
release, so if you wish to beta-test it on your favorite programs, now
is a good time to download the working sources from http://camlcvs.inria.fr/
and give it a good test!  Report any problems you may have to
caml-bugs@inria.fr.

Thanks,

- Xavier Leroy

* Re: [Caml-list] Thank you for backtraces!
@ 2001-03-01 11:43   ` Markus Mottl
From: Markus Mottl @ 2001-03-01 11:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Xavier Leroy; +Cc: caml-list

On Mon, 26 Feb 2001, Xavier Leroy wrote:
> By the way: the OCaml code was frozen in preparation for the 3.01
> release, so if you wish to beta-test it on your favorite programs, now
> is a good time to download the working sources from http://camlcvs.inria.fr/
> and give it a good test!  Report any problems you may have to
> caml-bugs@inria.fr.

Negative feedback (= bug reports) is only one kind of feedback. You
should definitely also get positive one so you might want to know that I
usually fetch a CVS-snapshot every few weeks, and I'd be happy if most
final releases of other software I use were only half as rock solid as
your CVS-snapshots... keep up with your good work! :-)

Best regards,
Markus Mottl

--
Markus Mottl, mottl@miss.wu-wien.ac.at, http://miss.wu-wien.ac.at/~mottl